Thousands of doctors, nurses, and healthcare providers have called on Congress to ensure all Americans have the right to vote without risking their health. As front-line health and medical professionals that are seeing first-hand the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, our voices as individuals and organizations on this issue are powerful and necessary. Whether on behalf of your organization or as an individual, take time today to contact your federal and state elected officials to let them know that a universal vote-by-mail option this November is a public health imperative.
Here are the steps you can take to ensure a fair and healthy election:
1. Find out where your state stands on universal vote-by-mail using this State Voting Rights Tracker.
2. Find the contact info for your county, state, and federal representatives using this database: https://myreps.datamade.us/
3. Use this form email (or call and use it as a script!) to tell them that we need a universal vote-by-mail option this November.
4. Use this toolkit to educate your followers on social media and/or write a letter to the editor in your state on why universal vote-by-mail is a health issue.
5. Health care providers across all role groups (RNs, MDs, PAs, LICSWs) and across all specialties can help get their patients registered to vote with our VotER badge backers which are created and shipped at no cost to providers. It’s as simple as giving your patient the QR code and letting them scan it on their phone. Get your free badge backer today!